ARCHIVES


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A List I Wish Would Have Been At My Disposal Not Too Long Ago

*from the archives: November, 2009

Perhaps I am overly optimistic, or have a "pie-in-the-sky" outlook when it comes to the degree of authority the Bible should have in our lives.

However, I do believe the Bible should be the primary authority for all believers in matters of life and faith. Whatever we are doing or not doing, the Bible should be governing us.

I realize this approach makes me appear a bit simple and naive, but in the words of someone, "it is what it is."

So...

Here's five questions I think everyone should answer when attempting to resolve conflict or when discussing concerns they might have about someone or something (family, friends, job, church, etc.).
  1. Is this about Christ?
  2. Does the Bible speak clearly and specifically about this?
  3. Does a clear and specific Biblical principle apply to this?
  4. Do any Biblical passages or principles apply here?
  5. Do you believe you are acting in clear obedience to God on this issue?
Honestly, if you find yourself in conflict with someone, and you can't answer "yes" (and immediately articulate why) to any of these questions, I would suggest you may be in the wrong for this conflict. The other person may also be wrong, but your inability to answer "yes" to any of these questions probably indicates you are holding on to something you shouldn't be holding on to.

Like Forest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Swindle said...

Those are five good questions, brother.

Another good question: Have I prayed for God to bless those who disagree with me on this issue?

Still another:

Am I willing to handle this disagreement the way the Lord wants, instead of the way I want?

July 22, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home